We're always on the lookout for people to partner with. If you support the mission of Mr. Boyd LLC, consider interning, volunteering, or donating. Feel free to reach out with any questions, suggestions, or ideas.
Student Advisor (Internship)
Job Title: Student Advisor (Internship)
Mr. Boyd, LLC is looking for a compassionate, inquisitive, and proactive intern to join our team this fall. The intern will work on the The Pathfinders program. The Pathfinders grew out of a vision Middle School Principal Noreen Little had back in 2007. She desperately wanted a mentoring program for the male students at the Laurelton School in Queens, New York. From there the program grew and has served over 750 third grade to college aged students.
Interns will have the opportunity to curate research and resources as well as develop mentoring, classroom management, and project management skills. Working alongside Mr. Boyd, interns will learn how to write and pitch a program proposal, manage classroom based programs, and create community partnerships. They’ll also have the chance to observe faculty coaching and network with school officials and faculty.
- Assist students in the areas of academic and character development
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and parents to better understand and meet the needs of students
- Provide individual and small group mentoring as needed using research-based practices
- Positively impact school culture by actively participating with school staff, administration, and students.
- Promote an understanding and appreciation for diverse populations
- Attend weekly supervision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan sessions for each student in the areas of academic planning and career awareness
- Conduct group and individual counseling sessions in response to identified needs within the school. Topics may include academic skill building, social development, career awareness, and conflict resolution
- Provide information and skills to parents, school staff, administration, and the community to assist them in helping students in academic and social development
- Advocate for all students
- Plan and coordinate student led community service projects and trips
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is enrolled in a graduate program in School Counseling, Social Work, School Psychology, or Undergrad junior or senior in education.
- Must be humble, open minded, and eager to learn
- Should be able to collaborate in a team environment
- Desires to work in an urban school setting
- Believes every student has potential
- Is committed to character development and family partnerships
If you are interested in an internship with Mr. Boyd, LLC send a letter of interest, resume, cover letter to email@example.com.